COBIT Forums and Information

.: THE CONTROLIT USER GROUP - Dedicated to Supporting COBIT Users:.
   The Independent Support Group for IT Governance and COBIT
   Welcome Guest! Click here to Create A Free Account. March 10, 2014  
 .:Modules
· Trang chủ
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Recommend Us
· Search
· Statistics
· Submit News
· Surveys
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

.:Who's Online
Hiện tại có 98 khách và 5 thành viên đang online.

Bạn là khách. Bạn có thể đăng kí bằng cách nhấn vào đây

.:COBIT Trademark
COBIT is a trademark of the Information Systems Audit and Control Association and the IT Governance Institute.

ISACA/ITGI does not endorse, approve or sponsor any activities identified on this web site, nor is ISACA/ITGI affiliated in any manner with this web site, the activites hereunder, or the ControlIT User Group.

.:Search

.:Security Resources
ISACA
BS7799
Security Policies

.:Page Views
Chúng tôi đã nhận
lượt xem từ Sept 2004

COBIT Forums and Information: Forums

ControlIT User Group: COBIT :: View topic - Implement: Manage Third-party Services (DS2)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Implement: Manage Third-party Services (DS2)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ControlIT User Group: COBIT Forum Index -> CobIT General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaikna

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Implement: Manage Third-party Services (DS2) Reply with quote

I'm assigned to implement one of the high level control objectives (DS2: Manage Third-party Services) which comes under Deliver & Support domain.

Since I'm quite new to this field, I need your help.

1) I would like to know where can I get more information about this DS2 objective? (for studying & implementing)

2) What is the best industrial implementation procedure for DS2?

3) Any good case study, reference site, etc?

Thanks,
Shaikna
chip_council

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: Implement: Manage Third-party Services (DS2) Reply with quote

shaikna wrote:
I'm assigned to implement one of the high level control objectives (DS2: Manage Third-party Services) which comes under Deliver & Support domain.

Since I'm quite new to this field, I need your help.

1) I would like to know where can I get more information about this DS2 objective? (for studying & implementing)

2) What is the best industrial implementation procedure for DS2?

3) Any good case study, reference site, etc?

Thanks,
Shaikna

Shaikna

There is a wealth of information at ISAC's site. If you can download several documents. I would point you toward the Implimentation Guidelines, Management Guidelines, and the Control Objectives. In early may all of these will be updated to 4.0 and I believe the management guidelines will become the Assurance Guide. Once you have obsorbed that information, go to isaca.org/knet/ There is much more information there.

Best of luck in your project. There is a lot of inherent risk in managing third party vendors and you will be making a tremendous impact at your organization!

Chip
[Edited: No links permitted in forum]
Adjunct Professor, Department of Computer Science, Department of Information and Computer Sciences, Metro State U
Saladin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Same Reply with quote

Shaikna,

I believe that you already do some research about Manage Third Party Service. May I ask you where should i seek these Information for I were given the same task as yours..

Right now, I am assigned task to make some model for IT governance in DS2. I am kinda confused by the information about COBIT. so, May I ask your help about information and about implementation?

Sorry for bad english. and Thanks for your attention
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ControlIT User Group: COBIT Forum Index -> CobIT General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: